Old, rare cello of European origin wanted (preferably French, Italian, or German). The cello must be full size,
have its original varnish, but can be in any condition otherwise. It needs to be at least 80 years old.
If you are within a 300-mile driving distance from Monterey, California, we would be willing to drive
to examine the cello. If you have a cello that meets these requirements, please contact us at the email address given below.
If you have a truely exceptional rare, old European cello priced up to $25,000, we will consider it,
but lower priced instruments will be given greater preference.
When you email, please be sure to supply as much of the following information as you can:
We are located in Monterey, California (on the California coast, about
120 miles south of San Francisco and 350 miles north of Los Angeles).
We would be willing to drive to most locations in California. Or, you could stop off
in Monterey with your cello if it happens to be on your way during a trip.
- Approximate year when made,
- Place where made and maker,
- Size (full size or standard vs. non-standard size)
- When and where you purchased the instrument,
- History of the instrument (e.g., its owners, players),
- Condition of the instrument -- parts damaged, repaired or
unrepaired cracks, where repaired
- Condition of varnish; whether instrument has been re-varnished,
- Whether instrument comes with a hard case and bow,
- Place where instrument can be examined,
Copyright© 2010-2018 by Albert Mehrabian